The Elusive Five Stars
Lately, I came to the realisation that I have barely given books the full five sparkling stars. I rate books really simply -- as according to Goodreads' explanation whenever you hover over the blank stars.
I'm no star-miser and I give plenty of 3- and 4-star ratings. I also rarely pick and read books I don't find any redeeming qualities or gave me utter grief. There's only one on my read list and that's Wuthering Heights. Even the stories I find hard to swallow, I find at least one element that I liked and the book becomes a 1.5 or 2-star. I'm not stingy, or picky, in fact, I want to give books ALL THE STARS!
|Givin' out stars like a boss.|
- Made me cry real tears (because normally, I'm a cold-blooded creature)
- Made my heart ache like someone held it and is on the brink of crushing it in Evil-Queen-Regina-style
- Gave me creeps so bad that I want to crawl under my sheets, close my eyes, and wait for daybreak
- Got my mind spinning into overdrive because of all the questions and possibilities it brings up
- Gave my imagination a run for its money by creating a world so beautiful, so vivid, so wonderful that it must exist somewhere in one of the many universes
|Bored. Bored! BORED!|
Do you have this problem, fellow readers?